Home Page Home Page Events Events Photos Photos Diocese of Ogdensburg Home Page  
Follow Us on Facebook

Archives Capital campaign progressing toward goal

Dec. 19, 2018

The It’s Our Church, It’s Our Future diocesan capital campaign has now reached $13.2 million in gifts and pledges, and $14.3 million has been raised or projected in all the parishes of the diocese via capital campaign fundraising efforts.

“The momentum has continued at the years end and we hope will have one-final push at the beginning of 2019 before the active phase wraps up,” said Diocese of Ogdensburg Director of Development Scott Lalone. “Once again the people in the diocese continue to show their support for our church of the North Country in so many ways, and we are very grateful.”

The 19 parishes in Block 1 began collecting gifts back in April and have produced $3 million in gifts and pledges to date.

Another 40 parishes from Block 2 participated in the summer months and, at this point, have generated over $4.7 million in gifts and pledges.

Another 35 parishes in Block 3 held their commitment weekends in November and are presently doing follow-ups. Those parishes will complete their active phase in the early part of 2019. Block 3 parishes have raised $4.6 million in gifts and pledges.

Block 4 consists of one parish that conducted their capital campaign prior to the diocesan capital campaign and two parishes with early start dates in the diocesan capital campaign. These parishes have currently raised $1.7 million with another $247,000 projected in two years from an additional parish that will be participating at that time.

Twenty-five parishes have gone over their goal and another 23 Parishes have hit 75 percent of their goal or higher. This all with Block 3 parishes still in their active phase.

Of the funds raised after $1.3 million is committed to the 2018 Bishop’s Fund Appeal, 75 percent will remain at the parish level to fund direct needs such as parish programs, ministries and capital improvements. Each parish developed its own case statement outlining how funds raised will address their specific needs. The remaining 25 percent supports the parishes’ indirect needs such as Our Retired Priests, Our Seminarians, Camp Guggenheim and Our Cathedral.

If you are still prayerfully considering your gift to the capital campaign, please remember that the Bishop’s Fund Appeal will return in September 2019 and your continued support to your parish offertory, and other special collections remain vital to your parish.

The consulting firm Guidance in Giving has been assisting the diocese with this campaign.

North Country Catholic North Country Catholic is
honored by Catholic Press
Association of US & Canada

Copyright © Roman Catholic Diocese of Ogdensburg. All rights reserved.