Home Page Home Page Events Events Photos Photos Diocese of Ogdensburg Home Page  
Follow Us on Facebook

Archives Capital campaign funds more than 80 projects

December 16, 2020

OGDENSBURG – Thus far, Bishop Terry R. LaValley has authorized more than 80 improvement projects around the diocese using funds raised in the “It’s Our Church, It’s Our Future” capital campaign.

Since 2018, 80 projects have been authorized in parishes. Parish projects have included improvements and renovations to church buildings and grounds, as well as renovations and construction of social gathering areas.

In addition, the sound system and organ at St. Mary’s Cathedral has been upgraded, and improvements continue to be made at Camp Guggenheim, including the replacement of windows and doors in the dorm building at the diocesan camp.

“Because of the generosity of the faithful here in the North Country in supporting the ‘It’s Our Church, It’s Our Future’ capital campaign, the diocese and many parishes around the diocese have been able to undertake projects that have improved both worship and fellowship,” said Bishop Terry R. LaValley. “This campaign, as well as the commitment of those who supported and continue to support it, help our parishes and our diocese stay vibrant well into the future. I am grateful to everyone who supported this campaign and the related improvement projects with their financial contributions, prayers and labor.”

“Thank you to all of those in our Catholic Community who have supported and continue to support this historic endeavor which started back in 2018 to help strengthen the mission of the local Church for generations to come,” added Scott LaLone, diocesan executive director of Development. “The support from the entire diocesan family has been just tremendous, especially during these trying times, and we are so very grateful for their continued support. We appreciate those with the ability to continue to honor their pledges, as our office continues to provide support to the parishes and send out pledge reminders, process gifts and run reports to track the progress of the campaign.”

Thus far, the multi-year capital campaign has received $10.4 million in contributions. Another nearly $4 million remains in outstanding pledges.

As part of the “It’s Our Church, It’s Our Future Capital Campaign,” 75% of all monies raised above and beyond the 2018 Bishop’s Fund Appeal goal go directly to the parishes to use towards their parish needs. The other 25% indirectly benefits every parish by supporting retired clergy, educating seminarians, improving Camp Guggenheim and supporting critical capital repairs at St. Mary’s Cathedral.

North Country Catholic North Country Catholic is
honored by Catholic Press
Association of US & Canada

Copyright © Roman Catholic Diocese of Ogdensburg. All rights reserved.